About the Workshop
We are glad to announce that the International Workshop on Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction and Exotic Spin Structures (DMI 2017) will take place in Peterhof, Russia on May 23 – 26, 2017. The IV International Workshop DMI 2017, hosted by B.P. Konstantinov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute (PNPI), follows three previous meetings held in Saint Petersburg (2011), Veliky Novgorod (2013) and Pskov (2015). DMI 2017 is intended for researchers working in the field of the structural and magnetic properties of noncentrosymmetric crystals and artificial nanostructures. The objective of the workshop is to serve as a platform for scientific discussion and exchange of ideas among the scientists willing to share their research findings as well as to review and discuss the recent progress, developments and advances in DMI and chiral magnetism.
The workshop will include the application of Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction (DMI) to the following areas:
- Crystal handedness and spin chirality;
- Critical spin fluctuations at the phase transition in helimagnets;
- Monoaxial chiral helimagnets;
- Chiral couplings and phase transitions in helimagnets;
- Exotic spin structures (skyrmions, merons, etc.);
- Spin excitations in helimagnets with DM interaction;
- Theory of DMI effect on the magnetic structure;
- Hall effect in chiral magnetic structures;
- Thin films and surface effects in magnetics without center of symmetry;
- Antiferromagnets and multiferroics;
- Neutrons and X-rays for non-collinear magnetism.
DMI 2017 will present invited talks, oral reports and poster presentations.
The participation fee
The workshop fee applies to all participants taking part in DMI 2017. The participation fee (450 Euro) includes accommodation, admission to all sessions of the workshop, workshop materials, coffee breaks, lunches, welcome and closing parties and a social program.
We hope that you will join us in Peterhof for DMI 2017 May 23-26, 2017. We look forward to your attendance and active participation!