About the Workshop
are glad to announce that the International Workshop on
Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction and Exotic Spin Structures (DMI 2019)
will take place in Petrozavodsk, Russia on July 8 – 12, 2019. The V
International Workshop DMI 2019, hosted by B.P. Konstantinov Petersburg
Nuclear Physics Institute (PNPI), follows three previous meetings held
in Saint Petersburg (2011), Veliky Novgorod (2013), Pskov
(2015) and Peterhof (2017). DMI 2019 is intended for researchers
working in the field of the structural and magnetic properties of
noncentrosymmetric crystals and artificial nanostructures. The objective
of the workshop is to serve as a platform for scientific discussion and
exchange of ideas among the scientists willing to share their research
findings as well as to review and discuss the recent progress,
developments and advances in DMI and chiral magnetism.
2019 is assigned as a satellite-conference of a much bigger event:
European Conference on Neutron Scattering ECNS2019, which will be held
in St-Petersburg in the season of the white nights from 1 to 5 July,
For the most up-to-date information on ECNS2019, please visit www.ecns2019.com.
The workshop will include the application of Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction (DMI) to the following areas:
- Crystal handedness and spin chirality;
- Critical spin fluctuations at the phase transition in helimagnets;
- Monoaxial chiral helimagnets;
- Chiral couplings and phase transitions in helimagnets;
- Exotic spin structures (skyrmions, merons, etc.);
- Spin excitations in helimagnets with DM interaction;
- Theory of DMI effect on the magnetic structure;
- Hall effect in chiral magnetic structures;
- Thin films and surface effects in magnetics without center of symmetry;
- Antiferromagnets and multiferroics;
- Neutrons and X-rays for non-collinear magnetism.
DMI 2019 will present invited talks, oral reports and poster presentations.
We hope that you will join us in Petrozavodsk for DMI 2019 July 8 – 12, 2019. We look forward to your attendance and active participation!