Workshop "Neutron Diffraction - 2017" covers the study of the atomic and magnetic crystal structures using neutron, X-ray and synchrotron diffraction.
The purpose of the meeting is to demonstrate the unique use of diffraction methods in modern research.
The scientific scope of the workshop covers the following subjects:
- Neutron diffraction in solid-state physics
- Complementarity of diffraction technique in solid state physics;
- Diffraction of polarized neutrons;
- Fundamental and applied materials science by the application of diffraction research methods;
- Global trends in neutron diffractometry. New diffraction instrumentation.
The registration period starts 10 January 2017 and ends 5 February 2017.
The certificates of attendance will be granted to participants of the workshop (only upon request - please contact Workshop's secretary).
The invited out-of-town speakers of scientific sessions will be provided with accomodation in single rooms of a hotel in Gatchina for the period of the workshop. The day-to-day transfer to PNPI will also be arranged.
Russian is the working language of the workshop, but the talks can be presented in the English language as well.
A special issue of the journal "Поверхность. Рентгеновские, синхротронные и нейтронные исследования" ("Surface. X-ray, sybchrotron and neutron research") will be entirely dedicated to the Fifth Worshop "Neutron Diffraction - 2017")